Land Records Fraud Detect
We recently applied for an ERTB Grant in the amount of $51,303 to update the Recording Public Workstations, Recording Software Maintenance Fees, Document Management System, annual WEB Hosting services and updating the server and security.
This will also cover funds for an integrated Recording Property Alert Notification package for land records.
- Property Fraud Alert is an electronic notification service that alerts a subscriber via email every time a land records document is recorded with a requested name.
These scams involve:
- Vacant Land that is being sold by non-owners. The fraudsters are looking for vacant land that is free and clear
- Fraudster typically wants a cash transaction and a quick close
- The seller states they are out of state and had a notary in that state notarize document
- Seller Communicates by text or email
Links may appear in articles from ‘Clips from the Clerk” that may be used to link to other blog(s) or websites. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our article visitors as a means of convenient access to information contained therein. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed in “Clips from the Clerk” articles do not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the Saguache County Clerk’s Office. These articles are solely for information and not intended to offend anyone or anything. Such articles are designed to provide general information on the subject matter covered. The Saguache County Clerk’s Office remains neutral in all things. You are responsible for properly analyzing and verifying any information you intend to rely on.