Marriage licenses are issued only during normal working hours for the Office of the Clerk &, Recorder, Monday through Friday (except for holidays) 8:00 a.m.to 3:30 p.m.
- Licenses are good for up to 35 days. Once you’re married, the officiant must get the completed marriage certificate back to our office within 63 days. C.R.S. 14-2-109
- License fee is $30.00
- Payment Options include Cash, Local Check, or Money Order.
Question: How old do I have to be to get married?
- Individuals who are 18 years of age and older do not need parental consent. Each applicant must bring proof of identify and birth date, such as a driver\'s license, a birth certificate with a raised seal, or passport.
- For marriages 16 and/or 17 year olds, both parents consent and/or judicial approval is required.
- "Parents" mean any guardian having legal custody over the under-aged parties.
- Under the age of 16 requires Judicial approval along with parental consent.
Question: Is there an application that we need to fill out?
- Both parties must complete and sign the license application form here in the office.
- Applicants seeking a marriage license need not be Colorado residents.
- If either party has been married previously, we will require the date, place and type of court where divorced. Those who have been widowed will need to supply the date and place of death of their former spouse.
Question: Do we need to take a Blood Test?
- Blood tests are NOT required for either applicant
Question: What type of Ceremonies are recognized?
A marriage may be performed by a judge, the parties of the marriage, or any public official authorized to perform marriages under the State of Colorado, or in accordance with any mode or solemnization required by a religious denomination or Indian Tribe or Nation.
Question: Are there any restrictions on who can get married and who cannot?
Marriages are prohibited if one of either party is still married to another individual. Marriages between ancestor, descendant, brother, sister, uncle, niece, aunt, nephew are also prohibited.